View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Magellan Explorist 110 - new model competes with Garmin head on

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    The Magellan rep walked in today to show me the new Magellan Explorist 110, a low cost feature rich model that I think will give Garmin a run for it's money and possibly the shake up Garmin has needed to stop their price gouging of Australian buyers. However, until someone introduces multiple models or be innovative that do affect Garmin's sales Garmin will continue to do as they please.

If the Magellan Explorist 110 is anything to go by I think Magellan are aiming to retake and surpass
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. TwoNav Aventura "Second Generation" released

CompeGPS have released a newer version of the Aventura that is more waterproof, better case design, louder speaker and brighter screen. Looks the same, same green/brown colour scheme and same battery, cradle, cables etc etc. The only physical difference is that the battery cover has changed and will not fit on the "First Generation" Aventura. They figured that water ingress through the battery compartment was an issue, albeit rare and made significant changes with it which means a
  3. Why Magellan GPS now suck for retailer and customer? My Rant!

Although I often complained that the prices for Magellan products under the helm of Next Destination (AKA Magellan Australia & PHM) the move to distribute it through an IT Disto by Mitac was and is a bad move. Why?

From a s p e c i a l i s t point of view two reasons.

1. I would have to compete with people who sell l.T gear such as HD enclosures, LCD screens, MP3 players, printers etc.

2. Such companies get special pricing because they buy all IT
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456