PDA

View Full Version : UBD Australian City Streets

Jackaroo
30th July 2008, 08:47 PM
Hi All

I have a copy of UBD 2006 (v3 Perth). According to the help file, there is an option/menu item for GPS, but my version does not have the GPS menu item. Has anyone else come across this issue or is there different version with the GPS option

Also, I have read it is possible to import the maps into OziExplorer, but this is also giving me a hard time. I have sourced a map file from the internet, but cannot get anything to display in Ozi. The data/image files in UBD seem to be *.cmp files and the map file is pointing to *.ubd

Any help greatly appreciated

Jackaroo :D

Michael
30th July 2008, 10:20 PM
I have UBD v3 City Streets, which includes Perth, works fine.
From memory, (couple of years ago) I installed the UBD to it's own folder (D:\UBD) where it works as a stand alone program.
Then I downloaded the ubd_city_streets_v3_mapfiles_setup.exe file from the Australian Page of:
http://www.oziexplorer.com/
Put it in D:\OziExplorer\UBD
Double clicked the .exe to run it.
It unzipped/installed .map files & .mvh files for all the UBD maps.
I always use them in Ozi nowadays, works well with MovingMap on the lappy in the car, & my GPS60Cx.

I just looked at my .map files, like yours they point to *.ubd, & also like you the maps in the UBD folder are *.cmp.

So I cannot really explain it, or help you much except:
1. Have you got the correct .exe from the Ozi site, there are versions for UBD 3, 4 & 5.
2. To suggest a reinstall of everything, as I described above.

Michael
30th July 2008, 10:29 PM
Just opened the UBD program for the first time in a while, it has a 'GPS' button on the menu.

Jackaroo
30th July 2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Michael

My version only has the Perth Data, maybe a limitation in the version I have. Not sure abaout the maps in OZi, i can see the mapview info, but not the maps

Will keep looking