PDA

View Full Version : finding addresses using sensis

henry910
17th June 2011, 05:00 PM
Hi, recently I owned a TomTom Go1000, it could find my address number 30, but it could find 34, along with other problems I returned it and now have bought a Uniden iGO50 GPS which along with Garmin and TomTom use the sensis (whereis) maps, and it also cannot find number 30 but can find 34, I can find 30 on google and other mapping data but alais not whereis. Has anyone else had a similar problem? it may seem trivial but people visiting us also have problems using their GPS's to find us.

peter77
17th June 2011, 05:16 PM
Can't you just give visitors co-ordinates to navigate to or ask them to search for something else and give them instructions from there?

Nicko
17th June 2011, 05:24 PM
The issue is not trivial and nor is placing your reply in a Navigon section. Please be careful where you post in future, it means more work for me.

Bushwanderer
26th June 2011, 01:59 PM
Hi Henry,
I think that the problem is with the database.

I have noticed on at least two occasions, with my nuvi 5000, that the actual address is not listed. One is my home address (also No. 30).

When the nuvi says "address not found" (or similar), it usually suggests some alternatives. I just select the most appropriate one and navigate visually from there.

EG, the closest No. in my street is 26. It's not difficult to find 30 from there.

I suspect that the ultimate solution is to contact Uniden or Sensis and advise them of your problem. (I haven't bothered to do this as I don't have any friends :( ).

Best Wishes,
Peter.